9/21/2008

Technorati

I had a deeper explore than in exercise 7 and i can see why I could not find my RSS blog in a search. Another thing to do tomorrow is add the capture the blog with the HTML thing. Anyways I searched for "Learning 2.0" in the 3 ways. In the general bit under searches there are 433 entries, in the blog 348 (well as of now) but with the same selection of You Tube clips appearing in the same place - high up on the 1st screen. In the tag cloud there are/were 176 entries, but strangely enough in all the clouds I could see - 2 different versions there was no mention of Learning 2.0. I can see that familiarity would increase use, on first opening up the site there is just so much stuff, and all seemingly frivilous, so why did I spend 1 minute 54 seconds watching a cat stalking the camera? Who has the time to watch all, any of this. However a search on Apron Strings, a film I want to see, brought up a short trailer. I guess I could have got the same result off Google, so Technorati's place is not a casual saercing tool but something I must learn to manage so that it will feed me what I want to know. As an aside, apart from all the frivilous stuff there is also a lot of dead and abandoned stuff, my tidy librarians mind screams for a good weed, but I suppose this in years to come will become a snapshot of this decade. God help us - or is that too cynical?

No comments: