9/30/2008

Rollyo

Librarywise I think this site could have great application and could ally itself nicely next to The Fitch. So far I have regarded the Web as a vast and getting vaster of uncorralled information. I am now beginning to see that this need not be so, and that it is possible to organise things in quite a succinct way. To create editable lists and groupings of information that can be shared or used for oneself. Here is my Rollyo collection of sites om last minute travel, a cheat because I simply gathered a few together from a Google search, but I can see myself working this into a useful list, a good place to keep well researched and useful sites. Much better than a paper list: http://www.rollyo.com/rainyday.day6/
The Rollyo site was interesting, I found the 4 lists mentioned in the instructions full of repititions and adverts for computer skills, very odd. However, deeper in there are some great lists EG Mr Fixit. I was startled to see some less mundane, shall we say, topics listed in the recent additions. Still it taks all sorts and it does demonstrate the breadth of people's interests.

No comments: